Everyone in the APDConnect community should be respected. Here are our expectations regarding the community. Please take the time to carefully read through this information; we take these guidelines seriously and expect you to do the same.
We have always set out to build a diverse, collaborative community of creators, where everyone gets credit for the content that they make and own, and where the rights of creators are respected.
You are responsible for all activity associated with your account, including all content that you post. If you post content that belongs to someone else, or if you use someone else’s content in a remix or other similar work, it is your responsibility to ensure that you have the permission of all relevant rights holders in order to post that content to APDConnect. Anyone uploading another person’s content without the necessary permissions is liable to have that content removed or their account terminated.
If you are unsure whether you can upload something, read our copyright information pages. If you feel that someone is infringing your copyright, tell us about it.
APDConnect can be considered a melting pot, we have a diverse community. We support freedom of speech and the fundamental right for individuals to express themselves, and expect everyone else to do the same. Respecting each other on APDConnect means following some basic principles:
- Don’t be a bully: We have zero tolerance for abusive or threatening behavior within the community. We consider abuse to be any activity where the intent is to attack or demean someone else. Anyone found to be engaging in this type of activity risks the immediate, permanent termination of their account.
- Criticize constructively: We recognize that criticism can be a valuable tool for helping each other to improve. Criticism should always focus on the content; share your opinion with others, but do so in a constructive way.
- Privacy of others: Everyone has the right to privacy, no matter who they are. Don’t share personal details of another person (or entity), without their permission. This includes recordings of private conversations, photographs, unlisted phone numbers, and home or email addresses.
- Don’t pretend to be someone else
As a platform built with creator needs in mind, we welcome the use of stage names or professional identities on APDConnect. However, that doesn’t mean that you can impersonate another person, or post content that is intentionally misleading. As a rough guide, you must not create profiles or post content that is intended to make people think you are someone else. You must not use someone else’s name or trademark without their permission, or pretend to be associated with someone you aren’t, even if you feel that you are helping that person by doing so.
If you feel that someone is impersonating you, or is infringing your trademark rights, tell us about it.
Self promotion & building your audience
APDConnect aims to help creators to connect directly with their fans. We understand that promoting your work is important, and we encourage you to seek out fans and other like-minded individuals. In our experience, the most successful forms of promotion are built upon meaningful interactions between creators and their audience. However, there is a fine line between developing these connections and over-sharing with members of the community.
To help encourage a two-way relationship between creators and fans, we have technical restrictions in place to limit activity that goes against this principle.
Specifically, it’s not possible to:
- Post identical or almost identical comments or messages in large volumes
- Repeatedly follow large volumes of accounts in a short period of time
- Repeatedly contribute your tracks to large volumes of groups in a short period of time
- Repeatedly unfollow and refollow the same accounts, in order to draw attention to your own profile
- Repeatedly repost or like tracks that you have reposted or liked in the past
As an open platform, freedom of expression is important to us. However, there are certain types of content that have no place on APDConnect. In order to protect the community and maintain positivity, please don’t post:
Pornography: Remember that APDConnect can be accessed by people as young as 13. Don’t post any content that is predominantly sexual in nature, or that could be perceived as an aid to sexual gratification.
Hate speech: You are welcome to share your opinions and beliefs on APDConnect, even if they might be controversial, or challenge the status-quo. However, we will not tolerate content that promotes or encourages hatred, discrimination or violence against others based on things like race, cultural identity or ethnic background, religious beliefs, disability, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
Spam & prohibited services
We aim for APDConnect to be a spam-free zone. To support this effort, we have policies in place that prohibit both spammy activity and the use of related services which violate our Terms.
The following activity is not permitted:
- Posting unsolicited links to commercial spam i.e. profiles or content whose sole aim is to drive traffic to external websites, via messages, comments, profile and track descriptions or artwork
- Creating multiple accounts with the intention of inflating the popularity of other profiles
- The creation, use, or promotion of:
- Bots or other automated means to perform social interactions;
- Services that claim to boost a profile’s popularity such as followers, plays, likes, or reposts;
- Services that sell social interactions or other forms of promotion on APDConnect.
Tell us about it
You may come across content you disagree with, ignore or block will usually be the best solution, however if you believe it breaks these guidelines or our Terms of Service contact us! Please remember that something that you find unacceptable, may not be unacceptable to everyone. We try to maintain a fair and balanced approach, but reporting content will not always result in that content being removed if it does not break the rules.
If you break the rules
If we receive notification from a right’s holder that content uploaded to your account infringes their copyright, or if we believe that your activity violates any of our other guidelines, we will send you a written warning. If we have to send you more than two of these warnings, we will terminate your account. In the most extreme cases, we reserve the right to terminate your account immediately, without prior warning. Be considerate of others, respect the law and think about these guidelines before you post. We strive to be fair. When content is reported to us and in most cases, will send you a warning before we take any other measures.